Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Learning Mind Map


http://mywebspiration.com/view/494806a1679f

My Learning Network Resource Map outline

People

Family

Colleagues

Friends

Sounding Boards and fellow learners

Common Sense Gurus

Experts

Educators

Producers of theories and discourse

e.g. Vygotsky

Authors and Content Producers

e.g. Laureate Education, Inc., Dr. Jean Ormrod

Also fiction like Ursula LeGuin and Terry Pratchett

Researchers

e.g. Piaget, Siemens

Students (reflection)

Seminars (temporary learning communities)

e.g. CTAP on the Road, webinars, PD conferences like AVID

Preservers and Agitators of a Common Culture/Environment

Myself

Experiences

Loosing my first tooth

Getting along with mom

Dad's death

Life...

Previous Knowledge

My Brain (that is conditioned and primed to learn, makes connections between prior knowledge and metaphors and models) and my "habits" that make me an expert learner:)

Reflection

Identitiy as a Learner

Culture

Conforming/preserving

Resisting/critiqueing

Technology

Basic

phones (connect to other people)

emails

TV/Movies

e.g. documentaries, characterizing fictional accounts of life like Boston Public

Cameras

Computer

Programs

e.g. Adobe, Microsoft Word

Content Producers

Publishers

e.g. Writer's Inc.

Youtube, teacher tube, forum for experts and others to publish materials

Internet

Google!

email, search engines, web 2.0

Blogs, RSS Readers

e.g. http://www.connectivism.ca/

online courses

e.g. Walden, Phoenix, Capella

collaboration tools and sites like wikis


2 comments:

  1. How did you post this on your page? You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sofie - you're always so positive! The Google Blogger allows you to insert a picture or image (it's an option in the tool bar above where I normally type the blog). I made the image at webspiration, downloaded it as a Word Document, and then copy and pasted it into Paint. Once I had saved the image as a jpeg, I clicked the option to insert an image on the tool bar and found my saved jpeg.

    I know this was not timely, but I still wish you the best of luck with this stuff. Looking back, I really wish I had played with the colors more.

    ReplyDelete