Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Learning Mind Map


http://mywebspiration.com/view/494806a1679f

My Learning Network Resource Map outline

• People

• Family

• Colleagues

• Friends

• Sounding Boards and fellow learners

• Common Sense Gurus

• Experts

• Educators

• Producers of theories and discourse

• e.g. Vygotsky

• Authors and Content Producers

• e.g. Laureate Education, Inc., Dr. Jean Ormrod

• Also fiction like Ursula LeGuin and Terry Pratchett

• Researchers

• e.g. Piaget, Siemens

• Students (reflection)

• Seminars (temporary learning communities)

• e.g. CTAP on the Road, webinars, PD conferences like AVID

• Preservers and Agitators of a Common Culture/Environment

• Myself

• Experiences

• Loosing my first tooth

• Getting along with mom

• Dad's death

• Life...

• Previous Knowledge

• My Brain (that is conditioned and primed to learn, makes connections between prior knowledge and metaphors and models) and my "habits" that make me an expert learner:)

• Reflection

• Identitiy as a Learner

• Culture

• Conforming/preserving

• Resisting/critiqueing

• Technology

• Basic

• phones (connect to other people)

• emails

• TV/Movies

• e.g. documentaries, characterizing fictional accounts of life like Boston Public

• Cameras

• Computer

• Programs

• e.g. Adobe, Microsoft Word

• Content Producers

• Publishers

• e.g. Writer's Inc.

• Youtube, teacher tube, forum for experts and others to publish materials

• Internet

• Google!

• email, search engines, web 2.0

• Blogs, RSS Readers

• e.g. http://www.connectivism.ca/

• online courses

• e.g. Walden, Phoenix, Capella

• collaboration tools and sites like wikis


2 comments:

  1. How did you post this on your page? You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sofie - you're always so positive! The Google Blogger allows you to insert a picture or image (it's an option in the tool bar above where I normally type the blog). I made the image at webspiration, downloaded it as a Word Document, and then copy and pasted it into Paint. Once I had saved the image as a jpeg, I clicked the option to insert an image on the tool bar and found my saved jpeg.

    I know this was not timely, but I still wish you the best of luck with this stuff. Looking back, I really wish I had played with the colors more.

    ReplyDelete